Chimney Repairs Using A Sixty Foot Ladder

It's been a really long time since I went up on one of these 60 foot ladders for chimney repairs. It's an adventure, but it had to be done.

Mark and I have done some nice jobs together over the years. It took us 4 days to replace the corners with "No Rot" PVC boards and most of the siding with Hardi-Plank. Then we painted everything down to where we could reach it all with the 40' ladders.

The missing piece on the corner under the ladder was as high as the 40' ladders would take us.

It's really not as bad as it seems, you just have to get used to it.

So what is up there?? Rust!


What I did when I got up there was wire brush all the rust down. Then I applied a rust converter to turn it black, sort of converting the rust back into a what I call a "quasi" metal. Then I applied Rust-Oleum's brown "Rusty Metal Primer", and then two coats of Rust-Oleum's "Black Semi-Gloss" finish.


Once the chimney cap was restored Mark and I moved that beast of a 60' ladder to the side of the chimney and completed the rest of the repairs, and painted down to where we could reach the rest with the 40' ladders, and home free.


If you or anyone you know is in need of home repairs or is looking to buy or sell real estate please contact me.

Share This!